If you want more from stuff you do, consider the following:
• Deeper fun- Excitement, goofs, laughter, suspense, drama, surprise, strong feelings...
• Challenge- Continuous economic decision-making about value and profit, risking against the odds and others unpredictability...
• Social interaction- Everyone is equal on a level playing field testing their ideas about money on the table.
• Personal-economic understanding and awareness- Good players automatically experience (and understand) practical economics.
• Understanding self and others - More play means more understanding of self and others...
• Non-cognitive development- Grit, self-control, creativity, focus, planning, strategizing, communication, confidence...
• Productive experience- If experience is the best teacher, safe, productive, repetitive, hands-on practice could be beneficial.
• Discovery- Economic value, productiveness and the way the economic world works could be useful.
• Mental processing- Mental process (schema) development helps structuring, understanding, visualizing, achieving, excelling...
• Psychological- Success builds on itself– and also independence, confidence, self-esteem...
• Education- A's in school aren't everything. There's so much more to life than A's. There's more to education than education.
• Knowledge- Abstract concepts are better understood when they become touchable and more controllable reality.
• Learning- Learning is enhanced by experience, observation, experimentation and natural play.
• Imagination- Mental flexibility is required for competence and improvement.
• Communication- Words mean more when experienced in personal context.
• Hope- Once success is experienced, what was once out of reach becomes possible.
• Conversation starter and structurer- A soup of abstract expressions and feelings now becomes a common frame of reference for all to experience, understand and discuss in commonly understood terms.
• As a tool- to accomplish an array of results.
If you see more benefits, please submit them. Comment on the above claims.